Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Little Better Today Than Tuesday

I had planned to ride yesterday but then something occurred to me.  The most successful training schedule I've always used started out riding Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.  I wondered if not riding yesterday would give my knee a chance to tighten up again but I decided to risk it.  I really can't reasonably ride everyday in the shape I'm in.  I have a basement full of junk that needs to be cleared out and a yard that has been sadly neglected for years now.  I have to have some energy to do that.  I'm just not in a place where I can expect myself to do too much every day.
My knee feels better, though.  I can get my leg around without it hurting every pedal stroke.  It is still stiff but nothing like it was Tuesday.  I am hoping that I will be able to pedal normally by the end of next week.  As soon as I can pedal normally, Stef and I can start taking out the tandem!  The tandem is just too hard to manage when I'm fighting to make my leg go around but it makes me sad not to be able to go riding with her.  I just have to keep plugging away and I'll get there.  It is very frustrating but it took me a long time to get like this.  It is logical that it will take me a while to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment