Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday Stats

Miles ridden this week: 3
Pounds lost: 3.4 lbs.
Starting weight: 344 lbs.
Current weight: 340.6 lbs.
Total weight loss since 6/29/13: 3.4 lbs.

Today I am reinstating Saturday Stats.  I'm starting fresh since I don't want to dwell on how much weight I've gained in the last two and half years.  It is a good record of how I'm doing and something to look forward to.
Today's ride was very heartening.  My left leg, instead of being something I was just focusing on forcing to go around, actually started contributing to the effort.  I rode about twice as far as I had Tuesday and Thursday, which is to say a whole two miles.  But, hey, it was the first day I started to feel comfortable on the bike again and I'll take it.  
I did two things this morning that helped things along.  First, I put on bike clothes rather than civvies which always makes me more comfortable.  Second, I got right out of bed, put on said bike clothes and went for a ride before I had a chance to think about and before it had a chance to get super hot.  My goals for this week are to find and charge up my GPS so I can tell exactly how far I'm riding and to find and start wearing my old bike shoes.  Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment