Sunday, July 18, 2010

Holy New Sport, Batman!

So, I thought I was in pretty good shape, you know, for a fat chick.  Well, that little run put me in my place good and proper.  I was supposed to walk for 5 minutes, run for 2 and walk for 5 more.  I managed to run for 1 minute and that was really, really slowly.  Apparently, I need to start out with the remedial version of this  training progam.  But, hey, you gotta start where you're at.  I'll give it another shot on Monday.  My recovery is pretty quick so I might try a couple of runs broken up by walking.  We'll see what my feet and knees can handle.
BTW, the dog had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. David and I have been running on and off (mostly off until last week) since April. I'm surprised at how quickly I was able to flip from walking with a little bit of running to running with a few walking breaks. For the first time since I was in college, I can sustain a run for over 2 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Rosemary!
    I'm headed out for my second 'run' this morning. I'll be interested to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete