Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Stats-Two Weeks Worth

Miles ridden in last two weeks: 154 
Average calories per day: 2023 (not counting the four days I was in NY.  I have no idea how much I ate but I managed to stick to the diet)
Pounds lost in two weeks: 1.5
Current weight: 258 lbs (117) kg
Total weight loss since 3/26/10: 33 lbs.
Weeks until next big ride (here to Cumberland, RI and back): 2

I'm noticing that my weight loss is definitely slowing down.  I have also started weighing myself almost every day and I've got to stop doing that.  It is depressing watching my weight jig up and down.  In dieting, I not only have to work on having a correct relationship with food and exercise, I have to work on having a correct relationship with the scale.  And let me tell you, the scale is a rat bastard sometimes.  I weighed 256 yesterday and 258 today.  WTF?!  And since Saturday is official weigh in day, 258 is what I have to count.
I'm seeing the doctor on Tuesday and I'm going to talk to him about the slow down and see what else he has for me.  Meanwhile, I'm going to work very hard on not weighing myself at home until next Saturday.
In other news, I seem to have hurt my right wrist.  I noticed it was sore when I got back from riding on Wednesday.  Wednesday, it rained the whole time we were out, sometimes quite heavily.  The problem with this is that my gloves and the handlebars get slippery and my hands slide around a lot.  I actually took my gloves off part way through the ride because they were so uncomfortable and bought a new pair on the way home.  I'm starting to have a real love-hate relationship with bike gloves these days.  Anyway, I went out for a ride yesterday and my wrist was killing me.  I came back, put ice on it and am hoping it is better by tomorrow. 
The wrist thing has pushed up my plan to start teaching myself to run.  I printed out the Couch to 5K plan yesterday and I'm going out to give it a try this morning.  It isn't super challenging at first.  I think I'm supposed to walk 5 minutes, run 2 minutes and walk for 5 more minutes.  I'm going to run really, really slow and we'll see if I can do a whole 2 minutes.  Running is like standing up on my pedals when I bike.  It makes my heart rate just rocket up.  But, hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained and I really need an alternative form of exercise.  And I can take the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment