Friday, July 30, 2010

Saturday Stats on Friday

Miles ridden this week: 68
Average calories per day: 1957
Pounds lost: 1.5
Current weight: 254 lbs (115.5 kg)
Total weight loss since 3/26/10: 37 lbs.
Weeks until next big ride (here to Cumberland, RI and back): 0

At 4am tomorrow, I'm taking my tired, cranky self and heading for RI for the weekend.  I'm hoping the trip will perk me up. 
 I'm taking the tandem with my friend MJ from the zen center.  I always feel funny riding the tandem with someone other than Stefanie, like I'm cheating on her with another stoker.  My goal, as always when doing a long ride on the tandem, is for us to be speaking to each other when we're done.  I think we'll be okay.  It's not that far and I found a better route than the one I used last year.  I didn't get much of a chance to scout it out but it goes through a lot of areas I'm familiar with and then picks up the old route in Dedham.  In fact, we'll be riding right by my grandmother's old house. 
The down side of bringing the tandem is that MJ doesn't think she's going to be up for riding back on Sunday.  I'm holding out hope that she'll have such a fabulous time riding down tomorrow and feel so good afterwards that she'll be dying to ride back.  The truth is that we'll probably be taking the train.  But hey, I like the train.

3 comments:

  1. Lucy, whether you know it or not, you are an inspiration. On every level. And everyone has a right to be Grouchy McCrankypants once in a while! I hope you are napping in the afternoons when you're able to - your body must be telling you something.

    Great weather for your ride tomorrow. Have a fabulous time, and I hope MJ has a religious experience on the way down and decides to ride back on the tandem on Sunday. Enjoy!

    -- a fan from down the street

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone. I hope I have a good ride too.

    ReplyDelete