Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kitchen Day

I was planning to ride today but then I realized something.  I hadn't had a 'kitchen day' in a long time.  One of the problems I've always had with eating right is food preparation.  Now that I'm on this diet, eating prepared foods isn't an option anymore and I have had to commit time to food preparation and kitchen clean-up.
This morning the dishwasher needed to be run, pots and pans needed washing, I had a half done soup to finish and a head of lettuce to wash.  There was no way I could get in a bike ride and get all that done too so I decided to ride tomorrow. 
I really like working in the kitchen if I give myself enough time to do it.  Cooking is soothing and, somehow, makes me less hungry.  I got the soup done and into the freezer, the pots and pans washed and the dishwasher running.  I've got the lettuce soaking and will spin that and put it in the fridge in a bit.  All in all, the food situation here feels a lot more under control than it did this morning and that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment