Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Stats

Miles ridden this week: 42 plus 30 minutes on the trainer
Average calories per day: 1792
Pounds lost: 3.5
Current weight: 246.5 lbs (112 kg)
Total weight loss since 3/26/10: 44.5 lbs.

I haven't seen the south side of 250 in about five years and then only very briefly.  It is kind of a milestone for me because I use one of those old fashioned balance scales with the sliders.  I got to move the big weight over from 250 to 200, I slid the little weight back up to 46.5 and I got a start on a whole new 50 pounds.  I like it!
This is also the first week that I've actually felt like I look different.  I've felt smaller up until now but felt like I was essentially shaped the same as before.  Now, I actually feel like my shape is changing.  Losing weight is so weird because it can change how you look so drasticly.  I once had a friend ask me what it felt like to be fat and if, when I lost weight, I felt like I was losing part of myself.  So far, I've never missed weight I've lost.  I tend to go off diets simply because I'm so horribly tired of being hungry all the time.  I've always felt my weight was like a hot, heavy suit that I'm forced to wear and can't take off.  It pulls at me and drags at me and carrying it around makes me feel tired and slow and sweaty.  I don't miss the weight I've lost and I don't think I'll miss the rest when it's gone.
That said, I think there will be a lot of adjustment, should I lose all the weight and become what society views as normal.  I've never experienced what it's like to live life at a 'normal' weight.  I've been overweight since I was seven.  My mother put me on my first diet when I was eight.  My weight has impacted so many of my social interactions, it will be very interesting to observe any changes that occur as my weight gets lower.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Lucy. Remember the most important rule of bike safety is also the most important rule of life: always look forward.

    Keep riding!

    ReplyDelete